A professional sometimes has to meet a lot of people as he or she needs to be pleasant and have a friendly disposition. Some people are into professions which deal with the public. Here, the concerned professional needs to be adept in handling people in a cheerful manner. He or she has to make the other person feel comfortable and at ease. Naturally, a pleasing personality is very essential.
Reasons for Pleasing Personality
- One has to win over the person one is dealing with. A sales person, for example, has to sell his or her product. By being pleasant and cordial he or she is able to build a good rapport. He or she is in a better position to strike a deal. After all, the client is impressed by the behavior of the sales person and feels he or she can trust him or her.
- Charm leaves a lasting impression on the other person. People are always willing to receive a charming person. Doors open quickly for such a person.
- A pleasant disposition means better interactions at work place. A grouchy person is never liked by his or her associates.
- A genuine smile can do wonders. A sunny look draws many people towards you. It brightens up the day and energizes you to work well.
- People look up to a charming personality as they feel they are confident and sure of themselves.
How to develop pleasing personality?
- One must change one’s bad habits. Self-appraisal is a must. One must be well aware of one’s negative aspects of one’s personality and try to change them into positive forces.
- One must be considerate towards others. Concern for others feelings is very essential.
- Allow the other person to speak. Be a good listener.
- Do not sound pompous and over confident. It can put off a person.
- Be enthusiastic.
- Treat others the same manner you would like to be treated.
- Be positive in your outlook.
- Smile a lot.
- Avoid being rude or discourteous.
- Try to like a person for what he or she is. Do not expect too much of the other person.
In order to be successful in one’s career, one has to maintain a charming outlook and be pleasant towards other people.