Posted by Amitabh Shukla on June 23, 2009 in Getting into Roots
Looks matter a lot in many situations. If you look good, you feel good. Every person wants to look his best. Physical appearance does affect your overall personality. Those who are fortunate to be born beautiful or handsome have an edge over others in their public dealings.
People all over the world spend millions of dollars to look good. They undergo plastic surgery, visit the beauty parlor regularly and undergo herbal treatments to improve their physical appearance. Why so?
Why One Needs to Look Good?
- To impress people in social situations.
- To look one’s best in work place, where one deals with the public. For example, film stars have to look gorgeous and handsome.
- One feels good if one looks good.
- A physically attractive person attracts a lot of people.
- It helps in building up relationships. A handsome boy attracts a lot of girls. Similarly, even girls, who are beautiful, are much sought after.
- Physical appearance does matter in a relationship. In a marriage, the partners need to take care of themselves physically in order to sustain their relationship. Many women face marital problems as they go out of shape after having children. Those women who take care of their physical appearance have better rapport with their partner.
- It boosts self-confidence and self-esteem. One feels very reassured when other people admire them and prefer to associate with them as they find them very attractive. In certain professions looks make a lot of difference. A model has to look his or best. A good looking salesperson can get noticed quickly.
- A pleasing face is nice to look at. People like to relax in the presence of beautiful things. A pleasant face can relax the mind. Those with an aesthetic sense like to admire beautiful people and things.
- An attractive physical appearance enhances personality. It is an added advantage.
- A physically attractive person, who is well-groomed, can impress upon people. A handsome politician can draw the attention of the masses, although, of course, he also has to be man of substance. For example, former president John F. Kennedy was known for his looks, although he was an astute politician as well. Looks enhanced his public image.
Every person desires to look good. He or she spends a lot of time trying to look his or her best. A handsome man or a beautiful woman is much admired in society.