Growing urbanization and industrialization has necessitated women to work. Inflation has caught on these days and recession at present is giving a tough time to people who are finding it difficult to meet both ends. In a family both husband and wife have to work to maintain a decent standard of living and provide good education and medical needs as well as other amenities for their family.
Women now aspire for a challenging life. They know they have to work, and career seems to be a better option rather than taking on any job to supplement their income. It is a difficult choice as they have to manage both their home and work. The responsibility of taking care of children can make a career difficult to deal with. Nevertheless, they want to utilize their talents to best extent possible.
Many women choose to be single and prefer a career. They divert their time and energy into a profession of their choice.
Career and women
- Women prefer to have career as it channelizes their talents and makes best use of their education.
- Career is a better option as compared to an ordinary job.
- Economic compulsions also force women to pursue an avocation. Women have to earn to supplement the family income.
- Single woman vigorously pursue their career. They prefer to be independent.
- Educational levels of women have gone up. They now would like to make best use of their education.
- Governments are encouraging the fairer sex to participate in economy building and other developmental activities.
- Women have become more assertive. They are now considering to be equal to men in all spheres of activities.
- Men are also accepting women as their colleagues in various professions with ease and comfort. Resentment is much less now and acceptance more.
- Media also eulogizes working women. It fights for equal rights of women in professional pursuits. It is an advantage for women to have media on their side.
- Wide array of professions to choose from traditional as well as non-traditional.
Career is becoming a top priority for women, particularly for women who are single. Women are more independent now and are in a position to take their own decisions. They like to lead their life on their own terms. Pursuing a profession gives them tremendous choice to be independent.