Women have entered various sections of the job market. They are competing on equal terms with men, taking up the same challenges that come their way in their professional careers. They have access to any kind of profession they now like to undertake, from police to being a pilot.
Flying an aeroplane is quite a demanding task. Earlier it was a man’s prerogative to fly one. Now even women have entered this profession with full determination to excel in it to convince men that it is equally easy for them to face the risks that come along the way in flying an aeroplane.
Women who take to flying need to equip themselves well with various skills to captain an aeroplane. Before venturing onto this profession, it is better to have an insight as to what attributes a woman needs to be a pilot.
Requisite attributes to be a woman pilot
- A woman has to be brave. A nervous disposition will not help.
- She needs to be risk taking.
- Mental and physical alertness are required.
- Complete concentration on work at hand.
- Dedication to flying.
- Team spirit. Must be able to get along with co-pilots and other staff members.
- Top priority to duty.
- Ability to manage time well.
- Be prepared to undergo requisite training to acquire necessary skills.
- Good at making decisions. She must be firm in her stand.
- Committed to her profession.
- Be role model for others who would like to take on the profession.
- Set goals and try to achieve them.
- Be eager to take on responsibilities.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards one’s work.
- Hard work is very important.
- Be full of enthusiasm in order to encourage others to take on the profession.
Flying high in the sky is an onerous task for a woman pilot and she has no doubt equipped herself with all the requisite skills to carry out her task of piloting the plane well. She rubs her shoulders with her male colleagues without any reservations and is confident enough to prove that she is as good as them in her line of work.