To achieve results in business, one must have the necessary initiative to do things. High initiative would mean higher results. If the desire to do business is not there, then obviously one cannot make a success of the venture.
What is initiative?
The drive to achieve results is initiative. One must have the urge to perform well and reach the set goals. Targets have to be achieved and without initiative one cannot do so. Even athletes have a lot of initiative to win the game. They gear themselves up well by practicing hard and determining to reach the finish line successfully. Such initiative makes them perform well.
How does initiative help business?
- Motivation levels of the staff are higher. A manager who shows much initiative in attaining results will also encourage his or her staff to do the same.
- Higher profits can be attained. Initiative to perform well results in good profits. The staff will perform well.
- Targets can be achieved. One must have substantial initiative to achieve targets.
- Initiative makes one feel positive. The drive to do things makes one feel very enterprising and the staff would feel very happy in their office environment. Being happy means, better results.
- Initiative also brings in new ideas to generate more business.
- Initiative can also reset setbacks, in the sense, it can encourage the owner of a business venture to face setbacks and try to win again.
Does the manager require initiative to do things?
Certainly, a manager must show the initiative to attain results. He or she has to instill initiative in other staff members to perform well. A lack-luster approach can result in fewer profits and in fact even the business can wind up. Initiative must be high to attain positive results.
Initiative is very essential to run a business. Success in business venture can be achieved if all the staff members show much initiative in performing well.