Staff plays a pivotal role in any business venture. Without adequate and supportive manpower a business cannot be successful. The staff should be well skilled and should be able to take on responsibilities with a lot of expertise. Managers run the show. Entrepreneurs delegate work to them and expect them to act on their behalf.
What kind of staff one should have?
- Skilled staff is very essential.
- Well qualified and well versed with business is essential.
- Managers should be able to shoulder responsibilities.
- Expertise is essential. Each manager should be well versed in particular area of work.
- A dedicated staff and well committed to work is necessary.
- Integrity and honesty is essential.
- Should be able to attain targets and set goals.
- Should not indulge in wasteful expenditure.
- Loyalty is essential.
- Team spirit is required.
How to maximize the staff contribution to work?
- Motivate the staff. It helps to improve their morale.
- Make sure they are comfortable in their work place. They must be provided with the required amenities so that their work does not appear burdensome.
- Staff should be provided with necessary benefits. They must feel that their work is worth performing. Not only the entrepreneur should gain, but also the employee should benefit.
- Self-respect is very essential. The employee should be treated well. He must not be treated as a slave.
- The staff should also share in the profits if possible. Yearly bonus apart from his or her salary is added income for him or her.
- Appreciation. Hard work and dedicated effort should be appreciated.
- Leisure time should be provided for extra-curricular activities. He or she should also be given time to take off from work, so that he or she can go on a holiday. A change of scene refreshes the mind.
- One must listen to the woes of the employees. Understanding their difficulties in performing the task is essential.
Employer and employee relationship has to be maintained on mutual self-respect. The entrepreneurship requires a well-equipped manpower that can deliver the goods. He or she has to ensure the well-being of the staff.